The Ekiti State Government has said that three persons have been killed in a fresh outbreak of Lassa Fever in the state.
The Commissioner for Health, Dr. Olurotimi Ojo, who disclosed this in
Ado Ekiti on Tuesday, said that five out of the eight suspected cases in the state tested negative while one was uncertain and the last one pending as at press time.
Ojo added that the patient that tested positive and two others have passed away.
Stressing that there was no cause for alarm in the state, the commissioner however noted that the state government was taking proactive steps in surveillance activities that involved all residents due to some recorded cases and deaths in neighbouring states.
He said that the state Disease Control team had been activated while the process of sensitising the people with jingles, adverts and other communication media were ongoing.